Microsoft spent a busy weekend updating Xbox Insider Program members across the Alpha and Beta Rings. The company rolled out a few Xbox Insider Preview build, including two to the Alpha branch and one to the Beta. Of course, this is a part of the Xbox One gearing up towards the Windows 10 Creators Update.
The latest Alpha Preview for the Xbox Insider Program is build 15061. This is the same Windows 10 build that landed on PC last Friday, but with an Xbox One twist. Users may also see this release as rs2_release_xbox_1703.170316-1901.
Xbox Insider Preview build 15061 replaces build 15058, which hit the alpha ring on Friday. Microsoft says the new release does not come with any new features, but there are a number of fixes on board. Here are those fixes in detail:
- Game DVR: Fixed an issue which would cause two notifications to pop (instead of one) when uploading a Game DVR clip or screenshot.
- Localization: Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.
- Audio: Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause audio to stop playing after plugging in a headset.
- Fixed an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones that would cause audio to stop playing if headphones were plugged in or unplugged while using the Blu-Ray Player app. Resolved an issue with Dolby Atmos for headphones where apps would play no audio.
- Blu-Ray Player: Fixed an issue where the Blu-Ray Player app would incorrectly indicate an audio format is not supported, and fail to continue without closing and relaunching the app.
- Games & Apps: Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause newly installed apps to fail to launch, if launched while another app is in use.
- Beam: Pressing X while the virtual keyboard is open should no longer quit the stream.
Xbox Insider Program build 15058
I mentioned that build 15058 of the Creators Update rolled out to Xbox One Insiders on Friday. That release has now made the jump from the Alpha branch to the Beta, to make way for build 15061. Similarly to the newer update, build 15058 was not feature rich. However, it did debut one new ability.
- New Update Screen – When your console downloads a system update, a new update screen will pop up the next time the console is powered on. This update screen has some basic details about the update, as well as a link to a video (for more information) or the option to go to Home. Please provide us your feedback to this experience via Report a Problem and the Preview Forums!