Last week, Microsoft released the first update for the Team Foundation Server 2017. Now, the company has rolled out Update 4 for the Team Foundation Server 2015, which contains almost 25 bug fixes and understandably no new features.
- Source code management (either with Team Foundation Version Control or Git)
- Requirements management
- Project management (for agile software development and waterfall teams)
- Automated builds
- Lab management
- Testing and release management capabilities
Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server covers the entire application lifetime and enables DevOps capabilities.
Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4 RC
The fourth update for TFS 2015 is possibly the final software update for this product. It contains several Agile, Version Control, Build, Release Management, Testing, and Administration bug fixes, as well as Marketplace changes.
Upgrading to TFS 2017
Microsoft announced the release of Team Foundation Server 2017 back in November 2016. TFS 2017 includes the company’s most recent feature innovations and improvements, and it’s an upgrade from TFS 2015.
The Team Foundation Server 2017 includes features such as:
- Code Search: Provides fast, flexible, and accurate search across all users’ code
- Package Management: Enables users to share code across their organization
- Agile Improvements: New Work Item form, Follow a Work Item feature, Kanban Board Live Updates and more
To learn more about how to upgrade to the latest version of Team Foundation Server, check Microsoft’s post, here.