Microsoft knows that the community of developers and commercial partners who are using mixed reality plays a big role for the HoloLens. With that in mind, the company has now expanded the HoloLens Agency Readiness Partner Program to Europe.
The HoloLens Agency Readiness Partner Program helps companies understand the benefits and deploy HoloLens and mixed reality.
All of the partners in the program have gone through extensive hands-on training with by the Microsoft team. The six companies added to the HoloLens Agency Readiness Partner Program are:
- Black Marble (U.K.): Develops solutions across the Microsoft platform
- Fundamental VR (U.K.): Develops business solutions such as mixed reality for medical training
- REWIND (U.K.): Develops content in VR, AR, MxR, and OOH, has received several awards
- Holoforge (France): Develops holographic computing solutions for businesses
- Immersion (France): Develops solutions in the fields of industry and research
- Zuhlke (Germany): Develops solutions across several domains
Up until now, Microsoft had 10 original agency partners serving the U.S. and Canada: Valorem, SAAB, Vectorform, Infusion, POP, Object Theory, Studio 216, Taqtile, Citizen, and Finger Food.
HoloLens Agency Partners’ contribution
So far, members of the HoloLens Agency Readiness Partner Program have delivered real customer solutions for several companies around the globe. Among others, Red Bull Air Race, the UK Police Forces, and Paccar, are already working with mixed reality thanks to Microsoft’s Hololens.
Microsoft provides several ways that can help companies get started on mixed reality:
- “Build applications themselves (using tools like Microsoft’s SDK)
- Work with Microsoft directly (by being part of its Enterprise Acceleration Program)
- Use off-the-shelf solutions like SketchUp Viewer and Skype for HoloLens
- Work with HoloLens Agency Readiness Partners”.