While Google is the all-conquering search tool on the Android platform, there are dedicated pockets of Bing Search users. For those customers, Microsoft has today rolled out an update for its Bing Search app on Android. This latest release comes with some new features to improve the user experience.
Probably the most interesting of the new additions is a new travel results feature. This sees Bing provide specific results based on a search location:
“Looking to go somewhere new? Bing finds you the best time to go and gives you tips and guides,” the changelog explains.
One important new change focuses on improving security on Bing Search for Android. This means the service issues “warnings about malicious websites” in the search results. For example, a search results that may be dangerous if clicked are flagged as such.
This is a welcome addition that other search engines do, including Bing on PC. Microsoft explains that users are also able to “filter and find your favorite Bing homepage images”.
Bing Search for Android
Bing Search has been expanded through Microsoft updates over several years. While it was once a pale imitation of Google Search, Bing has improved as a viable alternative. While market share has been hard to come by, the features at Bing’s disposal make it a powerful tool.
Here are the features available to Android users:
- Access weather, news, trending images and videos quickly
- Translate the entire web pages through the “Translate” button
- Bookmark pages you want to remember, and share what you find with your social networks
- Keep track of results you find with multiple tabs
- Go into private mode so that Bing doesn’t save your search and browsing history
- Enjoy beautiful daily homepage images and set them as your phone wallpaper with one click.
- Browse the gallery for previous homepage images