Microsoft introduced a couple of major health-focused solutions last week. The company launched virtual health templates for Skype for Business and Healthcare NExT initiative. The latter of those services leverages Microsoft's cloud technology for a number of projects. One of the projects is HealthVault Insights, which Microsoft has today made available. HealthVault Insights is a research project that gives partners tools to create new information about patient health. Generated insights also help customers understand care plans. By using machine learning, the service will hopefully empower patients to become more engaged with healthcare. Microsoft uses its latest machine learning technology within HealthVault. The data the platform compiles gives healthcare professionals a better overview of patient health. Among the sources the service leverages are Apple Health and Google Fit.Care providers are given tools to develop and administer care and wellness plans. Patients also have resources and ca customize their healthcare schedule and customize tasks. The platform also gives patients means to communicate with their care providers through the app.
- Personal analytics: Applies machine learning on both unique individual trends and across populations, increasing learning for the patient and provider
- Cross-platform support: Works with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone and connects seamlessly with Apple Health and Google Fit
- Medical records access: Fingertip access to all of a patient's health records in HealthVault
- Engagement platform: Enables personalization and notifications to increase patient engagement with their provider
- Action plans framework: Providers can leverage the Insights action plans framework to quickly customize and distribute care plans to their patients
- Cortana integration: Connect Cortana to see how patients' calendar and location may be impacting their health
- Activity feed: Show summaries of patient activities, including device data and trends, in a single feed, enabling a new level of learning