Microsoft today launched new SQL Server Management Packs. At the moment, the download is available as a public preview. The company says it wants users feedback to help make the final release better. Microsoft adds the full release will drop soon.
Users who decide to test this update can leave their feedback at [email protected]. This download features SQL Server Management Packs for System Center and several SQL Server versions. Microsoft says the release covers SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2014/2016 (220.127.116.11).
Customers can download the new release via Microsoft System Center Management Packs (Community Technical Preview 1) for SQL Server.
Depending on the version held, customers will see a number of new features and fixes. For SQL Server 2008,2008 R2/2012 MP, Microsoft has increased the length restriction for some policy properties. This allows properties match the policy fields.
SQL Server 2008/2008 R2/2012 MP Changelog
- Implemented some enhancements to data source scripts
- Fixed issue: The SQL Server 2012 Database Files and Filegroups get undiscovered upon Database discovery script failure
- Fixed issue: DatabaseReplicaAlwaysOnDiscovery.ps1 connects to a cluster instance using node name instead of client access name and crashes
- Fixed issue: CPUUsagePercentDataSource.ps1 crashes with “Cannot process argument because the value of argument “obj” is null” error
- Fixed issue: Description field of custom user policy cannot be discovered
- Fixed issue: SPN Status monitor throws errors for servers not joined to the domain
- Fixed issue: SQL Server policy discovery does not ignore policies targeted to system databases in some cases
- Increased the length restriction for some policy properties in order to make them match the policy fields
- Actualized Service Pack Compliance monitor according to the latest published Service Packs for SQL Server
SQL Server 2014/2016 MP Changelog
For SQL Server 2014/2016 MP, Microsoft has made the same changes as the log for previous versions. One exception is a fix for the Garbage Collection monitor. This feature now gets generic PropertyBag instead of performance PropertyBag.