rs2_release_xbox_1703.170210-1900 fixes many of the bugs Microsoft listed previously, and also provides remedies for some newly discovered problems. Here's the full list of changes:
- “IGN Fixed an issue which caused the IGN app to crash to Home upon launch.
- Beam Resolved an issue which caused audio to drop out for a few seconds when viewing a Beam stream.
- Ubisoft Club Fixed an issue which caused the screen to automatically start scrolling down, preventing the user from scrolling back up.
- Backward Compatibility Resolved an issue which caused newly purchased or disc downloaded backward compatible games to fail to launch.
- Sign-in With profile sign-in settings set to ‘Lock it down', users should now be able to sign-in again after playing a game, then signing out.”
These changes address most of the major issues with last week's release, but there are still some problems. You can see the known issues below:
- “Cortana may be too responsive to phrases which sound like “Hey Cortana”. The development team is continuing to tune and improve this.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- EA Access The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Screen Dimming The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings – Ease of Access When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.”
These changes are a big step in preparing the build for release, and no doubt we'll see it rolling out to beta ring users soon. In the meantime, alpha ring testers can provide valuable feedback by heading to All Settings> System> Console info & updates.