Xbox One Preview Build 15026 Changes
The build comes with a number of new features and fixes.
- “Automatic Updates: You can now enable automatic updates independently from your console's power mode (Instant-On or Energy-saving). To enable automatic updates, navigate to the new updates interface in Settings > System > Updates. Consoles in Energy-saving Mode will download any available updates at shut down. For consoles in Instant-On mode, the experience remains the same.
- Achievement Tracker: You can now control the transparency level and number of achievements in the achievement tracker.
- Cortana: Resolved an issue which caused Cortana to fail to select a profile for sign-in.”
Unfortunately this build, also comes with a lot of issues, hence the “alpha” status. They cover Cortana, EA access, screen dimming, and more:
- Cortana may be too responsive to phrases which sound like “Hey Cortana”. The development team is continuing to tune and improve this.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Ubisoft Club
When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down, and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you may be unable to sign-in again after playing a game, then signing out.
Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- EA Access
The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
Microsoft Edge webpages which have been pinned on the Guide Tab fail to launch the webpage.
- Screen Dimming
The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings – Ease of Access
When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound
The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- Wireless Display
The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.”
As a result, Xbox Alpha Insiders should be careful about installing this build and check the changelog carefully.
That said, you can join the ring yourself via invite. Currently, that means completing quests and surveys in the Insider hub. Microsoft has split the new Insider system is split into four rings: Alpha, Beta, Preview Ring 3, and Preview Ring 4. The first two are currently full, so you might have to wait for it to roll out to Preview 3.
The build will roll out to the Beta ring on Wednesday.