Microsoft has rolled out an Insider build to fix a series of installation and download issues. Rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161202-1900 became available at 6PM PST, and should now be available under settings.
Insiders will benefit from a more stable install process, with less chance of failure on slow connections. A separate issue has also been fixed, which was stopping some users from downloading games successfully.
Xbox Insider Release Notes
There's not much else to this build, unfortunately. However, we do have the full release notes available for your consideration:
- “Games should now install more reliably and encounter fewer installation failures on slower connections.
- Resolved an issue which prevented users from successfully downloading games.”
Though it's a far cry from a major feature update, these changes should be a huge relief to those who were having issues. You should be able to go back to downloading and installing your games as usual.
We've recently received plenty of new features in the form of LFG and Clubs, so it's not surprising to see mostly bug fixes.
Messaging and LFG Fixes
Speaking of LFG, the feature recently reviewed its own bug fix in a different Insider update. The build rolled out on Saturday 3rd, and has several small but important changes. Here's the changelog for rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161201-900:
- “LFG: Parties which have been filled should no longer appear in the LFG interface.
- Messaging: Resolved an issue which prevented users from accessing or sending messages.
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous fixes and continued feature development.”
All of these fixes help make the platform more stable, creating a solid base on which to build the next features. Our bet is that Beam.pro streaming integration will be coming soon, though it'll probably be after Christmas.
Insiders can read the changes and discussion for these builds on the Xbox forums.