Microsoft is showing some love to a couple of its entertainment applications today. The company has rolled out an update for both Groove Music and Movies & TV. At the moment, these are preview releases available on the Fast Ring for Windows Insiders and the Xbox One Preview program.
These are two of the company’s Universal Windows Platform (UWP) offerings and they are now bumped to version 10.161101.10252.0.
While not new features have been added, Microsoft has made some improvements to the apps. The UI has been updated and some UX changes made. Users can grab Groove and Movies & TV from the Windows Store. You can check out the full changelogs below:
- When you’re offline, it’s easier to see what’s playable. When you’re connected again, online pages automatically refresh.
- Search auto-suggestions on Xbox can easily be seen and accessed directly above the on screen keyboard.
- We added additional accessibility context in UI components allowing narrator to be more descriptive when reading user context.
- Notifications will remain on screen as long as they have focus, otherwise they will automatically dismiss.
- We improved the persistent header in collection pages to remove graphical glitches and increase the smoothness of scrolling.
Movies & TV
- When you multiselect videos in File Explorer, you can now use the Previous and Next controls to skip between them while you watch
- If you only own an episode or two of a TV show, you now get a link to complete your season in the Store.
- You can now use “Y” on your Xbox controller to search your collection and our catalog.
- You can now quickly purchase the next season of your TV show straight from post-roll
- You can now re-rent an expired movie straight from the Movies & TV app (no need to go through the Store anymore).
- On Windows devices, you can more quickly resume or restart movies currently in progress.