Mojang has launched Add-Ons, which let you customize the look of your world, as well as mob behavior. According to employee Owen Jones, it could “change the way you play Minecraft forever.”
Minecraft Boss Update Changes
The latest update also lets users upload and download worlds to Minecraft Realms. Friends can download your offline world for when they have no connection, and you can make backups just in case.
Of course, the update also adds new bosses, Elder Guardians, and a Wither creature. Here is the full list of improvements:
- “Ocean Monuments
- Guardians and Elder Guardians
- Prismarine, dark prismarine & prismarine bricks
- Prismarine shard & prismarine crystal
- Sea lantern
- The Wither!
- Nether star
- Wet & dry sponges
- Slash commands (with a handy auto complete feature). Enable cheats for a world in the options screen for access, but note that Xbox Live achievements will be disabled when you're using ‘em!
- Custom key bindings! Hooray for lefties!
- A new Creative inventory search feature
- Add-On section for world settings
- Basic F3 support! (Win 10 only)
- You can change game modes in Realms (note that doing this will restart the realm)
- Ability to upload & download worlds in Realms
- Ability to promote players as operators in Realms
- UI improvements!
- Performance improvements!
- Tweaks to various mob action/behavior triggers, including fixing creeper explosions
- Elder guardian de-buff visuals fixed (feedback from Android beta)
- Fishing rods & arrows will fire in more than just one direction
- Lots of tweaks to water textures to make underwater more fun
- Tweaks to Realms settings
- Visual tweaks to sun, moon & stars when rendering in VR immersive mode
- Ridiculous numbers of bug fixes!”
As you can see, this is the biggest update we've had in a while, and players will want to update to 0.16 as soon as possible.
You can read more about the changes on the Mojang blog.