Microsoft has raised the curtain on a pair of new IoT starter packs for Windows 10. The kits have been made available immediately. Customers can purchase Internet of Things Pack for Raspberry Pi 3 by Adafruit. Also available is the new Seeed Grove Starter Kit for IoT based on Raspberry Pi by Seeed Studio.
We have already discussed the Grove Starter Kit for IoT when it launched in September. This is an updated pack.
The IoT Grove Kit comes with actuators, an RGB LED bar, and connector cables. Also included is a 5.-inch HDMI touchscreen panel, and sensors for lights, weather, and sound.
This kit includes the following,
- 1x GrovePi+
- 1x 5 Inch HDMI Display with USB TouchScreen
- 1x Grove – Relay
- 1x Grove – Temp&Humi Sensor
- 1x Grove – Ultrasonic Ranger
- 1x Grove – LED Bar v2.0
- 1x Grove – Rotary Angle Sensor(P)
- 1x Grove – Buzzer
- 1x Grove – Sound Sensor
- 1x Grove – Light Sensor v1.2
- 1x Grove – Button
- 1x Grove – LCD RGB Backlight
- 1x Flat HDMI Male to Male Cable (1M)
- 1x Micro USB Cable (1200px)
- 10x 26AWG Grove Cable
Microsoft Internet of Things Pack for Raspberry Pi 3
This updated kit actually comes with the Raspberry Pi 3, which is missing from the Grove kit. This replaces the version of the pack that came with the Raspberry Pi 2. A list of the contents can be seen below:
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case – Smoke Base / Clear Top – We think it's the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Case Ever – though our Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- Full Size Breadboard – In the past, we've used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects – but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you're going to need some space – and that's why we're including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires – 20 x 6″ (150mm) – These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- Premium Female/Male ‘Extension' Jumper Wires – 20×6″ – These jumper wires are handy equivalents of the male/male jumper wires – but with female connectors.
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6′ MicroUSB Cable – The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra-long cord.
- Assembled Adafruit BME280 Temperature, Pressure & Humidity sensor – The assembled verison of an Adafruit Instant Classic. This breakout board has a powerful BME280 sensor from Bosch that's good for temperature, barometric pressure, AND humidity sensing. This version comes with headers already soldered on.
- Assembled TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor – The assembled version of a longstanding Adafruit classic. This RGB Color Sensor with IR filter and White LED comes fully assembled – with headers already soldered on.
- MCP3008 – 8 Channel 10-Bit ADC With SPI Interface – Easy to use, SPI enabled chip that's perfect for adding 8 channels of 10-bit analog input to your microcontroller or microcomputer project.
- Ethernet Cable – 5 foot long – An ethernet cable.
- 16GB SD/MicroSD Memory Card w/ NOOBS – This SD card comes pre-loaded with NOOBS which now supports running Windows 10 on your Raspberry Pi 3.
You can get the Grove Seeed Kit from the Microsoft Store, Seeed Studio and from Digi-Key.
The Microsoft Internet of Things Pack for Raspberry Pi 3 from Adafruit is here.