Microsoft has rolled out a new build to the Insider Slow Ring on Windows 10. This brings the Office version to 17.7466 or higher and adds a few new features.
The update is available for tablet, phone, and other devices. Insiders can download it now from the Microsoft Store.
Office Mobile 17.7466 Features
Office Mobile 17.7466 is listed as the October update, and as such comes with some noteworthy improvements over the previous version:
- “Chart Elements in Office Mobile apps* Now you can add or remove chart elements like titles, data labels, or legends. * This feature requires an O365 subscription.
- Edit your charts in Word Mobile Change chart type, layout, color, or chart style all in Word Mobile.
- Share an individual page with OneNote* No need to share the whole notebook anymore. Send a viewing link to a single page of your choice and let others see it in a browser – no sign-in or app required. *Currently available to limited number of Insiders.
- Table shading available in OneNote Give your tables a makeover by adding colorful shadings to cells, rows, or columns and make your tables easier to read.”
There are no major features here, but some will be very useful depending on how much you use each functionality. In general, they make Office Mobile a more viable alternative to the desktop version.
Joining the Insider Program
If you aren't yet in the Insider program, Microsoft is still accepting applications.
Here's how to sign up:
- Go to the Office Insider website and hit “Get Started.”
- Sign into your Microsoft account with an Office 365 subscription.
- Download the Windows Insider app.
- Install the latest versions of the Office Suite.
Of course, it's worth noting that these builds may be unstable and could result in data loss in some rare cases. Microsoft recommends using it on a secondary phone and backing up any documents.
You can then get the latest versions of OneNote, Word Mobile, Excel Mobile and PowerPoint Mobile.
You can also find more information on Microsoft Answers.