Microsoft has been refining its MVP program over the last year. The latest change for the program is to expand to include specialist experts in cloud computing. In the change, the MVP program for cloud experts would be like the other Microsoft programs.
Microsoft is looking to bolster technical know-how around the Azure cloud platform.
In a blog to announce the news, Microsoft says it is canvassing users, customers, and service providers. The goal is to find passionate and knowledgeable MVPs for Azure. The company says “we are seeking rock stars to become Microsoft MVPs for Azure.”
The company points out that individuals chosen as Azure MVPs must pass some specific criteria. For example, Microsoft says MVPs must be passionate about Azure services and focused on future development.
A drive to share knowledge and help the technical community is necessary. A reputation as a cloud expert is also necessary. Lastly, the company says candidates must have been active in communities and events over the last year.
Azure MVPs will get some perks, which Microsoft details in the blog:
- Recognition as being an outstanding community leader
- Early access to Microsoft products
- Direct communication channels with our product teams
- Invitation to the Global MVP Summit, an exclusive annual event hosted in our global HQ in Redmond.
- Close relationships with the local Microsoft teams in your area who support and empower MVPs to address needs and opportunities in the local ecosystem.
Interested parties can head to the Microsoft MVP nomination page.
Recent MVP Changes
Last October, Microsoft announced that the MVP Program would be changed. The focus was put on developers and IT professionals, with categories supported by products teams. Last month the company announced the Windows Insider MVP Program. Microsoft said collaboration with MVPs was now more available, allowing direct interaction and full access to Windows products and services.