Microsoft is sending out Xbox One updates at a rapid rate. The latest release sees the company address more of the little bugs found in the recent Summer Update. More specifically, this update sorts out some issues with USB Keyboard, Party Chat, and Payments & Billing.
Just a few days ago, Microsoft rolled out the Xbox One Summer Update. The release was pretty substantial, adding Cortana to the Xbox platform. It also introduced other features like background music support.
The company followed up the Summer Update with a preview build release which added a Windows 10 Anniversary stipulation. Microsoft said some content may only be available to users running the new Windows 10 upgrade.
Continuing to shore up the Summer Update and bring fixes to the release, Microsoft has launched a new preview update. Consider this a patch that will sort out some niggling issues within core features.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160730-2312
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/1 (1:00 AM GMT 2/8)
Payments & Billing
- When adding a new payment method, the “View terms” button should now function correctly.
- Resolved an issue which caused the Xbox One S to fail to recognize USB keyboards after powering on.
- Resolved an issue which could cause party chat to crash when using the Kinect.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
My Games & Apps
- If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install).
- You may encounter an installation error (0x800700002) when attempting to install or update universal apps.
- Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app. If you have the app installed on both the internal hard drive and an external hard drive, be sure to uninstall from both.
- If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
- Once the update is available, you can update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.