Windows 10 Build 14393, just like any other build in the slow ring, has no front-end feature upgrades. It solely focuses on fixes and improvements so that users can experience better performance with minimum issues. While there's no confirmation, it is believed to be the RTM version which will ship to non-Insiders as the Anniversary Update on August 2. The official blog post underscores the improvements and known issues in the build.
Improvements and fixes for PC:
- “We have improved the reliability of Start, Cortana, and Action Center.
- You should now be able to mount iPods as USB mass-storage devices.”
Improvements and fixes for Mobile:
- “We fixed an issue resulting in rapid battery drain when Visual Voicemail syncs voicemail messages on Dual SIM devices like the Lumia 950 XL.
- We also fixed an issue causing some battery drain on older devices like the Lumia 535, 640, 735, 830, 930 and Icon.
- We fixed the issue causing Voice Recorder to not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording. A app update was released last Friday that fixes this issue. Make sure you have the app version 10.1607.1931.0.
- We fixed several issues impacting Dual SIM capabilities. Using a device with two SIMs should work as it should.”
For mobiles users, known issues in Windows 10 Build 14393:
- “We are continuing to investigate W-Fi issues on certain devices.
- Turning off Bluetooth can sometimes result in freeze, crash, or reset. See this forum post for more details.”