Microsoft has updated Skype for iPhone and iPad to version 6.2.0. The new version introduces usual bug fixes and brings some nifty additions such as Bot Support, improvements in voice messaging and much more.
As noted on the app store, the changelog for the update includes:
- “We've made it easier to find bots on Skype – just tap on the bot icon in your Recent header.
- Found a helpful bot? Tap the conversation header while chatting to a bot and add it to your favorites.”
- “We've improved the reliability of your notifications.
- Muted conversations no longer appear in your unread message count.”
- “Get your friend's attention with @mentions. Simply type @ followed by your friend's name to mention them in any message.”
- “You'll now see when Skype is updating your conversations or when you're having network problems.
- We've made improvements to voice messaging, so it should now work for everyone!”
Skype experience continues to improve with each new update. In the previous update, Microsoft introduced tweaked in-app colours and made it easier for everyone to use the app. Now, bots support and improvements in voice messaging prove that the company remains committed to providing good communications options everywhere.
The latest version is now live on the app store and you can download it here.