The new “Explore view” will allow users to discover new as well as popular songs and improved download speed will ensure a quick install on both platforms.
Full Changelog for Groove Music Update:
- “Significant improvements to product and playback reliability.
- An Explore view to learn about the most popular songs and new releases from top artists.
- Faster download of albums and songs so you can play them offline. The app still needs to be in the foreground to download music, background download coming in a future update.
- Screen resolution improvements to support today’s larger screen mobile phones.
- New sorting options when viewing your collection of music.
- Much faster sign-in to the app using your Microsoft account.”
Announcing this update, Microsoft’s Ellen Kilbourne underscored the importance of pushing further updates and having music on all devices.
“We realize having your music with you on all of your devices is important and we’re committed to keeping the Groove app updated more regularly going forward. Thank you for your continued support…and, as always, we look forward to your feedback about these updates. Leave reviews in the store or here in the forums. We’re listening.”
With the latest update, Groove Music could potentially outperform other music subscription services. The service is very good in Windows 10, and now it’s also improved on Android and iOS.