The listing was brought to public attention by Director of Programming for Xbox Live Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) on Twitter yesterday.
— Larry Hryb ☁ (@majornelson) July 6, 2016
343 Industries worked on the most recent titles in the series, Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians, and is one of Microsoft’s most popular studios. The company started with humble beginnings, working on small projects such as the Halo anime series Legends and the downloadable application Halo Waypoint. They then moved onto creating map packs for Halo: Reach and the HD port of Combat Evolved, before taking over full development of the franchise in 2007 after Bungie departed.
Their latest release, Halo 5, has been making it into the competitive scene as part of the Halo Word Champions tournament, which has proved popular with fans. The Xbox One exclusive grossed over $400 million and is set to release it’s map editing tool Forge on Windows 10 later this year.
The candidate is expected to have plenty of events management experience, able to be energetic and organized, taking the lead on all internal and external studio-owned events. They need to be able to work with other teams inside the Xbox organization, including PR, Marketing, E-sports Organizers and Game Production Teams.
The job listing also mentions the responsibilities of the role, which include:
- Contribution to building the event strategy and event goals to ensure success.
- Project management including (but not limited to) budget management, accounting, venue selection, vendor sourcing and management, project plan management, event promotion and registration, on-site event management, prioritization and resolving issues.
- Leading core planning meetings across groups, driving alignment against shared objectives.
- Supporting globally prioritized events around the world by coordinating studio staff participation & schedules and managing event registrations.
- Supporting partner tournament organizers with various projects that could include: shipping of technical equipment & physical assets, ordering/distribution of promotional items, and on-site support.
- Identifying staffing needs, vendors and staff options and selection, team motivation and performance
- Assistance in designing in-person events focusing on customer experience and event objectives to drive business impact and maximize return.
- Traveling for event pre and show dates. Travel is estimated to be 30%+ during peak periods and could include weekends and international destinations.
Experience in project management and cross-team partnership is preferred, as well as excellent communication skills, and a strong technical understanding of the Microsoft ecosystem is preferred.
The full job listing and details on how to apply can be found on the Microsoft Careers portal.