According to Mike Ybarra, Director of Program Management, Xbox Preview audiences for the Xbox One will be the first to receive the update. This will be followed by a release in the Xbox app (beta) on Windows 10.
The new features will be rolled out to the Preview audience in waves, and vary per device.
- Cortana on Xbox One: Cortana will grace the consoles of Preview audiences in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy and Germany. Cortana voice commands will now work on the Xbox One with both headsets and the Kinect.
- Game Collection Interface: Xbox will update its Game Collection interface that will make it easier to find and launch games. The update will also give users quick access to their own “Ready to Install” tab and get more information about titles in the queue.
- Facebook Friend Finder: Facebook's Friend Finder will be expanding from the Xbox app into the Xbox One, enabling users to find and add Facebook friends on Xbox.
- Improved Sharing: Xbox will make it easier for gamers to share screenshots, GameDVR clips and achievements on the Xbox One.
Xbox App and Windows 10 gaming
- Easier GameDVR editing: Xbox will now allow GameDVR clips from the Xbox One or PC to be edited on any video editor and be shared to Xbox Live through the Xbox app.
- Updated GameDVR management: GameDVR clips are manageable straight from the profile, allowing users to share, start uploads and see progress in the queue.
- 60fps Recording: A new “Very High” video quality setting in the Xbox app will allow users to record game clips in up to 60 frames per seconds easily from the Game bar.
- Windows Game bar full-screen support: As requested from many users, the Windows Game bar can run properly with six more games in full screen, namely: League of Legends, World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, Battlefield 4, Counterstrike: Global Offensive, and Diablo III.
Xbox One and Xbox app
- Top PC games show up on Xbox Live: Popular PC games such as League of Legends and XCOM 2 will now have their own Game Hubs on Xbox Live. This will allow users to see which games their friends are playing, share clips to the community, and message friends on Xbox Live on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.
- Unified Xbox and Windows Store: The Xbox Store and Windows Store will be unified under the update, streamlining the shopping experience of users. Gamers will now be able to filter, browse and search results by genre and read reviews quicker.
- Personal Activity Feed: Users can now choose the kind of content posted on their Activity Feed across Xbox One and the Xbox app. They will also be able to choose the kind of content they want to post from achievements to captures.
Ybarra encourages more Xbox users to use Xbox Feedback that allows them to suggest new features and enhancements to the Xbox line. Users can view trending ideas and vote on ones they want to be seen in new updates.
The Xbox Feedback is part of Microsoft's New Xbox One Experience, which integrates the speed and versatility of Windows 10 into the console and is fan-centric. One major improvement brought by the Xbox One Experience is the ability to play Xbox 360 title using a backward compatibility feature.
The new system will also facilitate sharing achievements and game clips with the Xbox Live community and access Game Hubs for news and updates. Top tasks and other features can also be accessed quicker with button presses.