Microsoft has announced the developer preview for Bing's new search APIs, which are built by the Bing team based on feedback from developers, partners and customers.
The company said that the next-generation APIs has some new features and are simple to implement.
The Bing team is inviting developers to try out new search APIs, which are REST APIs that follow the latest structured data standards (Schema.org, JSON-LD), offering reliability and support.
“The Bing team knows that developers want solutions that are easy to understand, simple to implement, and can make your apps and experiences smarter and more engaging for your users.
Based on feedback from developers, partners and customers, we have created the next-generation of search APIs.”
Some of the new features include:
– Search across hundreds of billions of web pages, images, videos, and news results, with the high performance and relevance you've come to expect from Bing, and which tech industry leaders rely on.
– Autosuggest services to improve accuracy and speed of user input in your apps and sites.
– Assistive services such as spell check and adult intent signal.
– Access to trending topics including news, images and videos.
– Ability to filter image and video results by size, license, style, and price.
Here is a comparison of new API and the current version:
To join the developer preview for the new Bing Search APIs, send an email at: [email protected].