The Community Calendar app will act as a broadcast channel for the Xbox community to showcase events, game launches, scheduled live streams and more.
Community Calendar was first revealed back in October 2015, and was only available to members of the Xbox One preview program until now.
The company's latest attempt to create a well-rounded gaming experience on the Xbox One might just help Microsoft garner even more Xbox Live subscriptions.
The official announcement states that Community Calendar will help users discover hundreds of upcoming gaming events, the opportunity to interact with other gamers and game creators as well.
Microsoft has enlisted some of the events that can be found on the Community Calendar app:
- Community Spotlights:Meet your community managers and fans who are doing cool things in the community.
- Game with Fames:Tune in to the stream for your chance to play with celebrities and industry leaders. Join in and play, chat and ask questions, or just watch the fun unfold.
- Gatherings:Streams hosted by the community, for the community. Xbox Ambassadors and community managers put on Gatherings for you to learn game strategies, meet new players and talk about the latest news.
- Livestreams:Tune in to see community managers and guests showcase awesome games.
- Tournaments:Find major eSports events and broadcasts to watch.
- Game Launches:Now you can see the launch dates of games coming to Xbox One, all in one place.
- Free Stuff:You're a part of the Xbox community, and we love having you here, so have some free stuff. Here you'll find Free Movie Weekends, Games with Gold and Free to Play games.
The Community Calendar app is available only for the Xbox One console, and is currently available in Australia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. Microsoft will be rolling out the app for other regions in the coming weeks and months.