The latest Windows 10 build for Insiders comes with bug fixes for scaling issues of games and crashes of some Windows and third-party apps.
Microsoft has leaped from the preview build 11102 to 14251 in order to bring the Mobile and Desktop builds to the same number.
Currently available for preview to Windows Insiders in the fast ring, the latest Windows 10 PC build brings no noteworthy features.
Microsoft encourages Insiders to try out the latest Cortana improvements, which were reported earlier this week. The company’s official blog post enlists the important bug fixes that Insiders will find useful.
- “We fixed the issue where some PC games would crash switching from windowed mode to full screen, upon game resolution change, or upon launch due to a bug in Windows graphics stack. So play your games! If you run into any issues – please let us know by reporting in the Feedback app and include the game title.
- We fixed the issue where applications such as Narrator, Magnifier, and third-party assistive technologies may experience intermittent issues or crashes.
- We fixed an issue where File Explorer would crash frequently when DPI settings were at 175%.”
Microsoft has also released a list of known issues with the Windows 10 PC build 14251
- “You might see a WSClient.dll error dialog after logging in. We’re working on a fix for this but as a workaround, you can run the following in Command Prompt with administrative rights: schtasks /delete /TN “MicrosoftWindowsWSWSRefreshBannedAppsListTask” /F
- The Connect button does not show up in Action Center. The workaround is to press Windows key + P and then click “Connect to a wireless display”.
- Due to a recent memory management change, you may see periodic app crashes or other memory related app errors. The workaround is to reboot your PC.
- F12 Developer Tools will not load in Microsoft Edge. Should be fixed in the next build.”
About the upcoming Windows 10 Mobile build, Microsoft states that the new preview builds for Mobile are nearly ready, and will be made available for devices that run Windows 10 Mobile already – Lumia 950 / 950 XL and Lumia 550.