Update for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta let’s you play, for the first time cross-platform multiplayer on your local network with up to 4 friends using Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta is a version designed for Windows 10. Fans of this version of Minecraft can download a new update to version 0.12.3 from Windows Store.
Minecraft: Pocket edition owners get the same update which includes several tweaks and bug fixes.
Let’s look at the new features with this update:
- For the first time ever, players will be able to play cross-platform multiplayer on their local network with up to 4 friends using Minecraft: Pocket Edition.
- New enchanting tables let player buff up their equipment with special effects.
- Seamless switching ability between favorite method of input – keyboard, controller, touch or mouse can be activated in an instant
- Sneaking (Crouching) animation can now be seen from First Person View
- Problem with controller has been fixed so it doesn’t lose its functionality on the death screen
- Mining strength won’t passively grow, allowing one-hit breaks
- Players can make anything they can imagine in Creative Mode by taking advantage of limitless supplies.
- Bug fixed which caused problem with saving that corrupted Monsters Room.
- Controller tooltip (“[X] Tab”) doesn’t overlap in the hotbar in Inventory Menu
- Mojang logo won’t appear sideways on iPhone 6+
Can I get the Windows 10 Edition for free?
If you have previously purchased Minecraft on your PC, you can get the Windows 10 Edition for free by visiting the Mojang account. Log into account.mojang.com, and under the “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta” heading you will find a button that you can use to claim your gift code. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page.
Where can I buy the Windows 10 Edition?
The game is available at the Windows 10 Store. It will be available at a discounted price of $9.99 during the beta period.
Source: Windows Store via Windows Central