The popular weather app can be downloaded now from the Windows Store. In addition to the typical weather forecasts, The Weather Channel also offers interactive weather maps with info-layers and alerts for storms, rain and pollen.
You can pin The Weather Channel to the Start menu where it keeps you informed with a Live Tile which gets updated continuously.
Below you find the full feature list as provided on the Windows Store.
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
● Forecasts: Get hourly and 15-day forecasts in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
● Current Weather Conditions: More than temperatures, get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, moon phases, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
● Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar (US and Western Europe only). Map layers show rainfall, snowfall, road or satellite views, traffic, wind speeds and more. Tips: Touch anywhere on the map to see precise weather conditions for that exact location, show your saved locations on the map, tilt the road map for a different perspective, or zoom out to see global weather.
CUSTOMISABLE PUSH ALERTS
● Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with notifications of severe weather from your national weather service and know when the next big storm is going to impact your area (USA and Western Europe only).
● Rain Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favourite locations (US and Western Europe only).
● Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you (US and UK only). It’s easy and free! DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR WEATHER
● Live Tiles: Get your current conditions and the high/low temperatures for your favourite locations in a glance.
● Sleek Interface: Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
● Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
● Love all Devices: The world’s most downloaded news & weather app is optimized for all Windows devices.